Daily Bulletin #77
Friday, December 06, 2013
1. Canton R-V’s Community Service class is collecting for “Toys for Tots”. They hope to collect 100 items. Donations will be accepted through Tuesday, December 17.
2. The Canton Dance Team “Fab 15” is hosting a Cub Camp for prek-6th graders. The cost is $10. Practices on Friday, December 6 and Monday, December 9 in the big gym lobby, from 3:30-4:30, with the performance during halftime of the boys basketball game on Monday, December 9.
3. “Cookies With Santa” on Friday, December 6, from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Children visiting with Santa will receive a free book and a photo with Santa. Art activities and a holiday story corner will also be offered throughout the evening. Sponsored by Canton R-V Parents As Teachers and PTO.
4. Annual Senior Spaghetti Supper on Monday, December 9, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Adult tickets are $6 and children tickets are $3. Please contact Mrs. Feldkamp or a senior if you would like to purchase a ticket.
5. School Board Meeting on Monday, December 9.
6. Kindergarten and 1st graders will be performing “A Classic Christmas” on Tuesday, December 10 in the Canton R-V Small Gym, with performance times of 2:00 and 7:00 p.m.
7. Dental Screenings/Fluoride Clinic on Wednesday, December 11th in the Media Conference Room.
8. Menu change: Wednesday, December 11 – Pasta bake, corn, fruit cocktail, breadstick; Thursday, December 12 – Fish square, peas, apple, sidekicks and taco bar.
9. Basketball Pink Night on December 19, when the Canton Tigers take on the Unity Mustangs. T-shirt orders are due by December 3. Proceeds benefit Blessing Breast Center Financial Assistance Program.
10. Pink Night Taco Dinner on Thursday, December 19, from 5:00-6:30 p.m. $6 for a taco bowl, rice, dessert and drink; $5 for 2 soft shell tacos, rice, dessert and drink. All proceeds will benefit the Cary Cancer Center Patient Assistance Fund.
11. The Clark Co. and Lewis Co. United Educators group are asking for donations of hand sanitizer, Kleenex and disinfectant wipes. Donations can be sent to school or brought to the music concert on the 10th or the band concert on the 16th. Supplies will be collected through the 20th and then distributed throughout the school.
12. Early Childhood classes are in need of kid's or women's socks (preferably with patterns or colors, not just plain white tube socks). Can have holes! This is for a craft we are making in class!
13. The 3rd and 4th graders are in need of powdered baby formula cans with lids for a project. Any donations would be appreciated!
14. Keep saving those SunnyD labels! For every 20 labels collected, our classrooms can earn free books.
15. Reminder: students and parents should use the crosswalks before and after school every day.
16. Students returning to school to attend activities in the evening, such as concerts, sporting events, PTO sponsored activities, etc. MUST be accompanied by a parent or other adult. Unattended students will be asked to leave. Students causing a disruption may be asked to leave.